favorite quote:

'Whatever we get soon seems a natural right, not a gift. And we forget the Giver. Then our gaze shifts from what we have been given to what we don't have yet'...unknown

Thursday, December 10, 2009

So Thankful for November...

My favorite thing about November is that it seems so quiet & peaceful. The calm before the crazy storm of December! We had a great Thanksgiving. It was with my family this year & it was at my house-a first! :0) We even had my Grandma Funk from Richfield come down. It is always so good to see her & the kids love her to death! Of course I always forget to take pictures of the feast...someday I will remember! Thanksgiving weekend we did a fun hike called Yankee Doodle Canyon. You repel down into a slot canyon-it was gorgeous! Then there were a couple other repels & mostly a slight down hill hike till the end when we had to hike right back up out of there-awesome! I hadn't repelled in years so Danny made me wear a helmet :0) But it was just like riding a bike. Danny has really gotten into it. He has gotten all the repelling gear & goes quite a bit so I am excited to have this hobby we can do together.
Who's that hottie? :0)
Not my best angle ;0)
This is the beginning of the hike-the repel down into the canyon-what a rush!

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

well aren't y'all just the outdoorsy people. Awesome pictures and I totally agree with you about November.

Kaela said...

How fun!!! I've only really 'climbed' and repelled in an indoor center. You all look so tough and in shape!!