favorite quote:

'Whatever we get soon seems a natural right, not a gift. And we forget the Giver. Then our gaze shifts from what we have been given to what we don't have yet'...unknown

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow, I can't believe it is 2008! How time flies! This year Danny turns 30, I turn 29, we will have our 9 year anniversary, but we have known each other for 12 years! Seems like only yesterday he swept me off my feet- he he he! We had a blast last night ringing in the New Year. It was the usual game night with friends while the kids play & stay up WAY too late. We played a new game called 'In a Pickle' which was pretty fun-it made you think outside the box. Then we played 'Loaded Question'-it was hilarious! My brother-in-law Ryan is one of the funniest people I know & lets just say that thanks to him I will never look at Hitler the same! :0) We laughed a lot, ate too much & since we are old married farts-we had a hard time staying awake for the ball to drop. But we made it-Hooray for 2008! I am actually one of those people who like to make New Years resolutions, & I figure if I write them down & say them out loud I will be more likely to stick with it. So here are my resolutions (in no particular order):

1- Patience is a virture. The best lesson my children can teach me.

2- Temple attendence. I guess we better go get our bar codes!

3- Scripture study. If I read the scriptures HALF as much as I read everything else-I would be so much better off!

4- Judge not, lest ye be judged. Too bad everyone can't be 'perfect' like me (of course I am being sarcastic here!) :0)

I think that about does it for this year. Obviously there are about a million other things that I really need to work on, but these are the major highlights. My list looks about the same every year-how sad! Well, I better go get the kids some breakfast. How come they never sleep in even when they stay up till midnight?! (they get that from their dad!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so wish we could have made it! Darn kids why can't they be healthy all the time! I'm glad you all had fun though! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!