favorite quote:

'Whatever we get soon seems a natural right, not a gift. And we forget the Giver. Then our gaze shifts from what we have been given to what we don't have yet'...unknown

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I will NEVER...

I have this amazing friend-her name is Stacy. She is one of the smartest & nicest people I know. I haven't known her for very long-we met through our husbands. Her husband aka "Hot Sauce" (as he likes to be called) & Danny were best friends & next door neighbors growing up in Salt Lake. Mike & Stacy have moved down here & we have gotten to hangout with them several times & I just love them. Not to mentionn that Mike is literally one of the funniest people I have ever known. I have learned a lot from her & she is such a good listener-I feel like I could tell her anything & she wouldn't judge me. She is also the mother of 2 (almost 3) adorable kids. She is a great example to me & I so glad to have her in my life. Love ya Stace! Anyway-on her blog she did a hilarious & honest post about all the things she thought she would NEVER do as a mother. I loved it so much I just had to copy her. So here ya go-these are just a few of the things I thought I would NEVER do as a mother:
1-While changing a diaper, I think, "It needs to be wetter than that" and I put it back on
2-Put my kids to bed dirty
3-Put my kids to bed in their clothes
4-Feel good about taking a shower at 3:00pm because at least I got one in today
5-At 7:05 I might say to my child, "It's almost 8:00, it's time to get ready for bed." Thank goodness they can't tell time yet!
6-Turn several pages at the same time of a really long book-although Averee is catching on to that one!
7- Change a diaper in the trunk of my car
8-Sleep on the floor of my childs room until they fall asleep
9-Feed my kids cookies or cake for breakfast
10-Go grocery shopping at midnight
11-Feed cold cereal for breakfast, lunch & dinner
12-Be reading a book to one child while nursing the other
13-Be pregnant when the youngest child can't walk, speak or eat by herself
14-Love snuggling with my kids so much
15-Clean up so many messes of so many different kinds-sometimes I don't even know what it is!
16- Let my kids run around naked in the sprinklers in the backyard
17-Be so upset at someone so small
18- Wipe my kids nose with my hand & then wipe that on my jeans-YUCK-I know!
19- Ignore my child while they throw a traffic stopping tantrum in the store
20- Bribe my child with candy NOT to throw a traffic stopping tantrum in the store
21- Forget details about my children such as current weight, height or year of their birth!
22- Love getting slobbery sticky kisses
23- Worry so much about three little people
24- Learn to love pink
25- Enjoy staying in pjs till lunch time-& beyond!
26- Enjoy cartoons & Disney movies
27- Take less & less pictures of each consecutive child
28- Think of the park as the cool place to hang out
29- Consider the Wendy's Drive thru a lifesaver
30- Love so completely & so fiercely
Well, that is enough embarrassment for one day. :0) Hope you enjoy my list & I would love to see one from you...

7 comments:

Errin said...

Thats so funny, I totally can own up to all of those. And no, i didnt text you about inn and out, however, I have been twice already and both times the wait wasn't that bad! the drive thru is only 15 mins. yum yum!

Amy Wittwer said...

That was hilarious! Probably more hilarious because I could relate to all of them. I never thought I would be watching Barney and Elmo literally 20 times a day! And last night for dinner Brooklyn was screaming for Sour Cream and Onion Pringles until I finally gave in! Oh the things you do sometimes!

Jessica said...

I love this post. Oh, the things we never thought we'd do. I've probably done all of them and I only have 1 kid!!!! I must be weak. :)

Christan said...

Wow, I need to get to know Stacie! She sounds like a great person! Are you replacing me already? ;0) That list is priceless! I think all mothers have one that's very similar! It's good to know I'm not alone!

Stacy and Mike said...

Maryn,
Your post was way too nice about me. I love the ones you added to the list and yes if I would have spent a little more time I would have thought about the tantrums and nose wiping. Anyway, I Love You and think you are an amazingly put together and patient mother and I need a little of you to rub off on me. So we'll have to hang out MORE.

candrkoch said...

Oh, I loved it! I could totally relate. Thanks for the smile about some of the highs and lows of being a mom....

Anonymous said...

I love that, I don't think there is anything I'd change but I would add how I used to swear I'd NEVER say some of the things my mom said and I catch myself using all the same lines.